Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Can't keep up with time

Too many blogs...not enough blogging. It takes an effort I am not putting in...

Since 28 June 2009...let's see, I'll pick up where I left off: bought a house, wedding in Traverse City (woohooo!), Wichita 1/2 Marathon, road trip with Teddy/Chicago Marathon....Kandahar deployment- a 6 month experience I'm not sure how to describe. For those of you who have done it- can you? Learned to appreciate what I didn't appreciate, learned to appreciate things more that I did not appreciate enough, not take life for granted and really felt a fire under me to support the troops while I was closer to them, so I raised $5K for The Chance Phelps Foundation. As much as I joke that it is 6 months of my life that I will never get back, that is ok. I don't need it back.

Now it is time to get back to my family. It is an odd feeling going back and I'm trying to prepare...overwhelmed with excitement, yet not really sure how I've changed, or how everything else has changed. When I was gone, everything felt like it was on hold back home. Like it was on pause and now I'll just hit play and keep going. But I know that isn't the case. Even though MY life was on hold, the rest of the world kept going.

Regardless, I'm fairly certain that seeing Dave at the airport in a little over 48 hours will be one of, if not THE, most wonderful moment of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment