Thursday, July 19, 2012

McConnell AFB sighting by the former Captain Clark

I almost busted out my Reserve Captain status the other day.  I was in disbelief when I saw a MSgt, a MSGT! with a princess cut blues shirt unprofessionally leaning up against the counter (almost obnoxiously, if you can picture that) at the clinic with her hand on her hip, LIFTING HER SHIRT enough that I could see her abdominal area.  Um, what? She was with her daughter and trying to talk her through something, but obviously just had no regard for how she was carrying herself.  I was embarrassed for her, for the Air Force.  I pretty much found myself staring.  I looked like an AF wife in workout clothes (I was) but I seriously wanted to pull out my I.D. and flash it in her face and ask her....what. are. you. doing?!

My blood boiled a little bit, but I see unprofessionalism all the time.  It isn't just Senior enlisted.  Officers too.  And abundant in the airman ranks, which I would like to say isn't as surprising, but I have to wonder who are these kids' parents and what goes on at basic training???  Don't join the AF if you aren't interested in adopting professionalism, respect, and the core values.  To this day, I don't get it.

*Stepping down off my soapbox*

No comments:

Post a Comment