Monday, February 27, 2012

I Vow to..not take pictures of EVERY plate

It was date night tonight.  First, a fabulous meal at Luca Italian Kitchen.  I hate that I ALWAYS want to take pictures of my food, and then I hear people making fun of me in my head.  And I care, just a little.  But this is why I love being with Meghan & Aaron Ruby.  Ok maybe they don't take pictures of all of their food, but they understand....while Dave, I think, just tolerates it all out of love.  And you have to take it before you start eating, even if you don't know if it's good.  If it's not, you don't use the pic.  Whatever.  I'll let the website speak for itself (even if there are no pictures).  The service was great, the food was great, the wine was great.  And of course the company was great :) One thing I love about me (I generally don't recognize these things)....or maybe I should just say "I appreciate" about myself: I appreciate high quality (maybe expensive?), unique food, but I am also not picky and love to try new things.  And sometimes I try things even though I don't completely know what it is....or can't pronounce it's name.  The pasta dish I got was not quite what I expected, but delicious nonetheless.  Carbonara with pancetta (no pic!)

Next was "The Vow."  Dave agreed to see this with me last week, and I'm sure he was looking forward to it ever since.  Today, I actually thought maybe Wanderlust would be a better choice (funny...and I love Jennifer Aniston), but it wasn't playing at the Old Town Theater by the restaurant.  So "The Vow" it was.

Let me just say, I'm (still) a sucker for chick flicks.  I would cry a little, fight it...dry the tears or hold them from falling any further (this is sort of uncomfortable) and just feel like I was getting myself together again when there would be another waterfall.  It reminded me of the Tough Mudder. Soaking wet and cold....finally start to get a little dry and BAM there is more mud and water to jump into.    Anyway.  All I kept thinking was "What would YOU do if this happened to your spouse?" (in my mind this question was directed toward Dave :)  Well after the movie, Dave said "I'm wondering what would be worse, your spouse not remembering you and falling in love with someone else or your spouse just dying."  Noted, DAVE.  :-p  He tried to explain what he meant....the whole falling in love with someone else part would feel terrible.  I pointed out that is not how the story went (did I just ruin the movie? I don't think so....but it IS based off of a true story).  He said "what if it did?"  We went in a little circle.  Well the heart works in mysterious ways, and I think that was the "point of the story."  Point of the story based on a real couple, now married with 2 kids.  Can you imagine?

I hope this is how it would go should this situation happen to Dave and I.  Memory or no memory,  I can't imagine being without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment