Saturday, September 21, 2013

Stay Soft


I saw this on the FB yesterday.  When I was in the Air Force, they used to say "10% of the people will take up 90% of your time."  It was true.  I think the same goes for the world.  We can focus so much of our attention on tragedy & evil and forget about all that is good and all who are good.

On a personal level, I have definitely allowed myself to become hard to people I come across.  I've put a guard up because of bad or broken relationships.  But I was just thinking the other day that I'm so grateful for people in my life who knowingly or unknowingly break down that guard by just being great friends.  Great people, really.  They seem like they are willing to risk pain and put themselves out there.  They are vulnerability role models (I just Brenee Brown-ed that).  And then I'm reminded to be softer.

Don't let the world make you hard.  Don't let people make you hard.

Are you hard or soft?

No comments:

Post a Comment