Saturday, September 28, 2013

Baby, Baby...

My phone, FB and residential mail has been increasingly filled with baby announcements and shower invites as of late, simultaneously making me really happy and antagonizing my feelings of wanting to have my own babies. I'm so happy for all my pregnant friends! It's an exciting time. I want to join the club. Your pregnancies are feeding my excitement. Specifically, I selfishly want my Kansas sister to have her baby before we move so I can meet her.

For now I will sit here and drink wine with my family, consisting of my husband and 2 fur children. No babies. NO BABIES. It's fine, haha. Until we get to England. But then there will be several pubs I would like to check out........dilemnas.

I remember when having kids was a distant thing in the far future. "When I'm 27 or 28, I'll have kids. Or something." And that was "forever" away. Well now I'm 28. Closer to 29. I know I'm still "young" (whatever). I'm extending my deadline.

I miss being 22, not even thinking about babies and having what seemed like forever to start. ENJOY YOUR EARLY/MID-20s, KIDS! :-p

But I also love being 28. I'm so much better than I was back then. And I don't view babies as ending your life. I'm ready. But I think me getting pregnant right now could potentially make our move a hot mess.

Maybe soon, you can find me in the pub. With my English baby. They do that there, apparently??  

I know Dave is more excited for the 3-4 year old phase so maybe we can trade off 3 years at a time. I'll take the newborn phase. Planning is important.  

Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS to all my pregnant friends. You know who you are :)

Ok, but seriously.  Where did my 20's go? It's like my alarm is going off and I'm just hitting snooze.

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for baby Clark! Then he/she can come on our vacations! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Our kids don't know how much fun they are in for :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm.. hello!!! didn't have Charlise until I was 30.. and here I am thirty something.. uh hem.. and I am thinking this is my last opportunity... I have no doubts you will get there when it is right for you.. maybe we can get pregnant together.. well not get that way together, but you know what I mean.. but I have to get there like in the next 7 months or so... :D I am so pissed I wont see you before you leave!! I am going to miss you Breanne Clark!!

    ReplyDelete