Friday, December 9, 2011

Always been a swimmer, not a diver

I can quickly see this turning into my "road to med school blog" and then my "in med school" blog, as I won't have a life outside of it...ha! Oh and this is all still "if," of course...

I kind of just want to dive into it before I realize what I'm doing.  That sounds insane, and I don't think it's recommended.  Not really how I do things anyway.  I generally like to analyze every detail before making a decision.  But maybe I'm just sick of doing that?

Some humorous and inspiring things that have happened since I've been sharing this whole idea with people:

1) After telling her I was in a bad mood, Meghan telling me that she had some good news.  She was at the doctor for her yearly exam and.....nope, she isn't pregnant.  I thought that's what she was gonna say! No.  She told her doc (during her pap, mind you...ya know, pap small talk) about my 'med school aspirations' and she told Meghan I should go.  And Meghan tells me, all excited.  "I told my doc about you, and she said you should go!" Like, simple as that.  I laughed a lot, thinking...this woman doesn't know me.  But, at the same time, very cool. 

2)  Emily texting me and telling me she was stalking me on FB...and was wondering if I was still thinking about med school.  She told me I would be a rockstar.  How fun does that sound? :) Thanks, Em.

3) Rachel pointing out a young med student at Panera while we were studying, and me staring at her in admiration similar to the way a child stares at their hero :)  I seriously wanted to run up and talk to her.  Funny.

4) My professor who works with several doctors telling me he thinks there is a niche for me in that world and I would do well at it......that sort of made my day.


I sincerely hope this does not come across as bragging.  There is nothing to brag about, as I have not actually taken this leap yet.  But it's just exciting to hear encouragement from people who care, and even better, halfway believe it about myself too.


No comments:

Post a Comment