Saturday, December 10, 2011

We own an Energizer Dog

Ok, so I know Teddy has been resting/miserable all week with me studying and not really getting any Teddy exercise time in (I took him to the park a couple times for about 20 minutes....but that pretty much does nothing, and he played with his buddy Tater once) but WOW.  I am continuously amazed/proud (hey, we've been training for years!) of how much this dog can RUN!

He has done 8 mile runs with me before, but that was because they were 8 mile training runs.  We didn't stop because of him.....I'm wondering, how far CAN this dog run?!

Today I took him to the park.  I threw the ball 20 times until he started to slow down (just a little bit) and then took him on a quick 1.5 mile run through through the park.  I think that was his "break" because he didn't seem tired, so I threw the ball 30 more times.  30.  As far as I could, with the Chuck It.  And, it's a little different than running 8 miles, because he all-out SPRINTS when we play fetch. 

He barely seemed phased by it.  But I was freezing.

He is like Super Endurance Dog.  Endurance, it runs in the family.  I hope he lives forever:-p He's such a great running buddy for me because he just keeps going and going and going...



No comments:

Post a Comment