Saturday, May 19, 2012

"AF Wife" or "Student on summer break"

I'm really enjoying my time off.  Money isn't a huge object, but it's a little bit of one.  I will say if it was NO object, I'm not really sure if I would feel like going back to work at all (right now) :)

This would worry me slightly...but it's the first time, even since I got out of the AF, that I just have a break.  No obligations.  It does feel good, what can I say.  I'm very lucky to get a breather.

But I think that is all it is.  A short period for some R&R.  Like post-deployment.

I feel like I'm entering a state of complete peace and zen.  Enjoying my family and our life, and re energizing and focusing for the next phase of my professional life.

I really enjoy cooking for my family.  I really enjoy spending time with the dogs (I guess mostly just so I can tire Ellie out so she doesn't drive us insane).  I do like a clean house.  I wonder how we ever had time to do all this stuff when I worked full time.  We figured it out, but I do know I also felt completely miserable in a job I disliked.  I had a lot less time for my family and friends. All for a job that made me miserable and I disliked.

I am a little scared to dive into another super time-consuming career.  But, I feel like it's a little more natural this time because I am starting to feel like it is a calling.  I understand the sacrifices I will be making (or as well as I can understand it without living it) but I feel like I will be heading into it with acceptance.  That it will be difficult, but I will have a deep motivation for doing it and it will bring me enough joy that everything will work out.  Yeah, I hope.

Oh, waaaaaaiiiiit.  I am only starting my second shadowing session next week.  So all big plans still up in the air :) Which is why......I'm just enjoying the present for now.  I'm an AF wife AND a student on summer break :D

No comments:

Post a Comment