Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Marriage Spices

A little over 4 years ago, Dave and I bought our first house.  Today, our stuff is being packed up to move to England. My emotions are running wild. 

And my olfactory receptors have been stimulated. Wait, what? While going through our kitchen, the packers mentioned that they actually can ship spices. Really? While I hate throwing away condiments and spices, I had already felt at ease knowing we were going to give them to some friends this time. And there is just something about spices being in storage for 5-6 weeks that makes me ok with getting fresh ones when we arrive. 


So I was doing a little inventory and found these in a box of Penzeys Spices my aunt gave me for my wedding shower.  We used up a lot of the spices but these were tucked away at the bottom and I forgot about them. I think these did the marriage good. I LOVE that guy a lot. Great 4 years.  




So the spices are staying here. But these little spice marriage charms might go with us. Hey, in the grand scheme of things we are still a newly married people, and I think we could both use the Rosemary for our memory improvement, anyway. 

Things my husband says: "I harass you so much not only because you are my wife, but because you're my best friend." (today).  Oh, thanks. See, marriage going strong :) 

Saturday- Ignoring the need for move prep. One more bonfire:




Day 1- Move Prep:
Day 2- Actual Boxes; some shown below. 68 total. We may have to build a fort out of the boxes and live there because I don't think we'll be living in a place big enough for our 68 boxes of stuff + furniture:

Dave, myself & the dogs did not get packed into the boxes, so we're good.  We're still a family unit. A few people reminded me of that today ♥  So if we can avoid getting packed into the storage boxes on Thursday, we're clear sailing. 

1 comment:

  1. I have a small fortune in spices and herbs, but you do need to keep them updated!
    Fresh is good! A few memories are good too!!

    ReplyDelete