Friday, October 18, 2013

Mattress Moving Moments

We have 3 Queen mattresses. The oldest is Dave's $500 clearance mattress from college. It ranks 2nd in comfort. It's not bad at all. The next is a "luxurious" pillowtop Spring Air mattress we bought from Rooms to Go when I lived in Georgia. Spring Air went bankrupt or something. That makes sense because it completely sucked after about 1.5 years and it killed my back (somewhere between the time I bought it and then, they went out of business. Warranty no good). It definitely ranks 3rd in comfort.  Let me put it this way....I was not looking forward to coming home to my bed after my deployment because my little twin deployment bed was more comfortable. When I got home, we went big. We went for the Tempurpedic. It is still glorious to this day.

Well Hotel Clark is also going out of business when we move to England. We won't have that much space. I am happy to say that both downstairs queens were utilized at the same time on two different occassions while we lived here, so it was worth it to have both of them :) And for a few nights, I guess the Spring Air wasn't too bad, so our guests said.

Needless to say, Spring Air is getting the boot. Today I scheduled to have it picked up as a bulk item in tomorrow's trash pick-up. But I thought why not put it out on the curb this evening and tomorrow morning and see if anyone takes it?

So began the adventure of Dave & I trying to get the massive pillowtop out of the bedroom, up the stairs and out the door. So. Awkward. I don't know how movers do it. I am guessing they are much, much stronger than me, and thus aren't laughing their asses off as they repeatedly drop heavy pieces of furniture. This crappy mattress doesn't even have handles.  Ellie was going nuts running up and down the stairs. She gets excited when she doesn't know what is going on. Teddy is watching patiently on the landing.  Probably nervous. I'm cracking up. And Dave is shaking his head. I wish someone was taping the whole thing.

Friends....Pivot. PIVOT. 

Once we got it out the propped-open storm door, we rolled it like a tire to the curb. As we approached the curb,  Ellie came strolling out behind us. Both pups generally know to not run out the door even if it's open, but I don't think she could handle missing out on all the fun. We were causing quite the ruckus. 

We threw it down on the sidewalk, she hopped up and made herself at home. I don't think she understood why we were throwing away this perfectly good bed. Ellie, it was in the basement the whole time. We should have chilled out there for a while, but the Tigers are on :)

I love her! Ha! 

Why is this so great to me? Because in the midst of many moving moments that are not fun, this one was fun.  And funny.  I needed a good laugh ♥

2 comments:

  1. Genuinely laughing out loud over here! Must remember to not consume liquids whilst reading your blog though....

    ReplyDelete