Sunday, April 29, 2012

this and that

So, back on FB.  I decided rather than run from the devil I would just face it head on! Ha.  Everything stated before still applies, but....I'm just viewing or approaching, in my own mind, use of this social media differently.

School will be "over" in a couple weeks, and I'm relieved for now.  I do need a break, at the least.  I've been looking for jobs, not looking too good.  I applied for a Healthy Lifestyle Coach job at the YMCA about a month ago.  It was really nice of them to never get back to me, particularly after I followed up.  I guess that is just the world of job-hunting.  I'm going to keep looking for internships that don't really exist here (in exercise phys, anyway) and any other jobs here and there that pop up related to my field and just keep my head up.  My first choice would be to work at the local running store until we move.  Going to see if they'll take me. 

So I have a question.  If I bought Anatomy flash cards for a class I already took, because I borrowed them the first time around and just want my own set, what does that mean?  Does that mean I want to be a doctor?!

Or, what if my heart beats a million beats per minute every time I call the doctor's office of the doctor who I want to shadow because I am just excited/anxious? What does THAT mean?  Then, calling the doctor directly on his cell phone.....almost killed me.  But, I survived the call and should be shadowing this next week.  Super excited.

What if I am barely finished with my Masters degree and kind of want a break from school, but basically want more school? Is that it? Is that confirmation that I want to be a doctor? Or just that I'm sick??

Well, lost as ever.  And I know none of those things mean I want to be a doctor.  Just desperately looking for that feeling, one way or another, that will tell me what I'm supposed to do.  Or are we ever REALLY sure?

But, at the same time.....feeling way more at peace with all of the unknowns.  We should find out at any point over the summer, hopefully sooner than later, where we will be headed next.  Our first two preferences are Birmingham, AL and Tampa, FL.  Might still be switching the order of those...:) But those give me the best options for school and/or internships/jobs, so I feel good about that.  I am really grateful to have such a supportive husband.    

I'm still exploring many options....it's just that med school thoughts will not go away, and well, it's just the most intense of all the things I'm considering.  So there ya go.  Just kind of curious if that is going to be my future.

Things I am not looking forward to: selling the house and.....yeah that's about it.  I am sure Teddy and Ellie will cooperate when trying to keep the house show-ready.  The fact that I can fill the Dyson on a daily basis worries me just a little.  Other than that, I (we, I believe) am really ready to get out of Wichita and get a fresh start again.  The thought of that makes me really happy.  This assignment has not been bad, just ready to go. 

Dave's Dad stopped here this past week on his way back to L.A. and we had a wonderful meal and discussion.  We talked about school, careers, having babies (I figure it's always good any time Dave gets to hear his father talk about how much he enjoyed having children :)....and I am starting to find the shared perspective of EVERY parent I talk to kind of fascinating). It was really nice to see him. 

Now that Dave kicked butt at instructor school, I guess it's his time to go to SOS (a "professional development" school) in early June .  It's about 7 weeks. That lovely school is at Maxwell AFB, so I will probably take a trip there at some point.  Duration of visit dependent on whether or not I have a job.  We actually have a lot of good memories from the South, even though we both claim we don't particularly "like it," so I'm looking forward to visiting, seeing Andy and Kelly and reminding myself of the wonderful humidity we will have if we go to AL or FL.  But, I argue that it isn't much better here anyway. 

So, life is good.  We've been tornado free for a couple weeks :) I am ashamed of my lack of running in the last couple weeks...don't really have a reason or excuse. While I do love it and it makes me feel great, it is still an effort to keep up that routine.  I shall try harder.

That's the random Clark family update.  And here are some photos taken by Dave's Dad when he was here:





No comments:

Post a Comment