Monday, March 26, 2012

Caveat

I thought there should be a caveat to the statement "I have a really hard time focusing on things and finishing one task because I feel like I always have so much ahead of me." (previous post).  Even when I read it back to myself I thought "what the hell do you have in front of you? you don't have a job."  Well, I think it's safe to tell my blog that.....I have issues.  My life has felt disorganized and chaotic for a couple years, and the disorganization probably started a few years before that, judging by the massive amounts of piles of papers/records-schoolwork, receipts, bank statements, random shit-that has accumulated and made me really uneasy.  I hate it.  By nature, I need to be organized.  But I'm not.

A couple months ago, I sat in on a telecon/phone seminar thing with a company that does wellness coach certification.  Basically, it teaches you how to be a coach....how to help people figure out, within their own life, how to make the changes they want to make.  I feel this is the piece that is missing from being able to make an impact with my exercise science background.  Anyway.  The CEO of this company (Wellcoaches) had an example of someone who felt they could not move forward/make significant changes to their lifestyle/health before they removed the massive amounts of clutter in their home.  YES! There is at least one other person out there like me. I don't care if I'm crazy.  At least I recognize it.  No shame.  Although it's really annoying.

So, for months (years?) I've been desperately trying to get all this crap in order.  I'm FINALLY making progress with the help of Suze Orman and this blog, I'm an Organizing Junkie.  Not even sure how I ran across this, but I just kept finding different posts that related to what I was struggling with and wa-la, help had arrived.

So, honestly, that is really distracting from whatever else I have going on, whether it's doing school work, or just trying to relax.  There. Phew.  Feels good just to get it out.  But I made significant progress this weekend.

And, AND, I have motivation for being super productive this week.  I am meeting Dave in OKC for a night out on the town this weekend.  Dogs will be boarded with Bessie, and they will have a great time.  And so will we! He is done with training in a little less than 2 weeks, but I've only seen him once during his training and I CAN'T WAIT for this!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I think you're probably your mother's daughter, but I bet you have all your Christmas stuff put away by now ~ not important but still annoying!! Have a great time this weekend with Dave and say hi for me.

    ReplyDelete