Saturday, March 24, 2012

"...we're gonna go to Home Depot...Maybe Bed Bath And Beyond, I don't know. I Don't know if we'll have enough time."

I had a flashback to Old School when I was talking to Dave last night...telling him about my trip to Lowe's today and how I broke a light bulb in the store while looking for ant traps.  This was soon after he was telling me about his day flying a multimillion dollar aircraft (like every day) and really, my broken light bulb story was boring ME.

I have to sort of laugh.  I "need" a job.  But at the same time I'm really enjoying my freedom.  There are so many things I should have been doing this week for school.  It's Spring Break and it really could have been "get ahead" time.  I have done a few things here and there, but mostly.....I've just done fun stuff.  More with the recipes and cooking.  But, I've been trying to make it simpler.

The big ones this week were Potato, Pea and Rosemary soup; Banana Almond Oatmeal Smoothie; Omelet muffins; Orange, Avocado and Cashew Salad (thanks to Meghan for pointing out the last 2...especially the salad.  Amazing and easy); and 60 Second Homemade Berry Sorbet.

Potato, Pea and Rosemary Soup
Banana Almond Oatmeal Smoothie
60 Second Homemade Sorbet
Orange Avocado and Cashew Salad
Omelet Muffins
Omelet Muffin

Other things....more purging (seriously, I finally have boxes going to Good Will with everything documented...OCD), ran (did an awesome 60 minute run on Wednesday in between rain....felt so good), started the push-up challenge, walked in the rain with Ellie, made grooming appointments (today.  they smell nice. wonder how many hours they will stay clean), cooked (as this really has been taking up a lot of time, I'm throwing it on the list again), organized my recipes into a book (lame, yes.  but with each organizational move I feel a little stress going away and a little more order to my life), finished a take-home exam for school, researched (minimally) for some final papers, researched PhD programs, took lots of pictures, researched nutrition/diets (going to post about this exploration soon).

Really, I don't get bored.  I have a really hard time focusing on things and finishing one task because I feel like I always have so much ahead of me.  Gonna have to get over that.  But, if more time does pop up in front of me....I have 30 books I want to read (and I AM going to finish the 2 current ones before 1 Apr.  Now it's on here.  have to).  I can run more.  I can study....no I don't get bored.  And, there is always Lowe's and Bed Bath & Beyond.

 But I am lonely.  That's about it.

3 comments:

  1. Did you finish your books yet :)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are incredible. The recipes look amazing. Kudos to you for getting so much accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brenda....no :( Let myself down on that one, lol. Can I blame school?? :/

    ReplyDelete