Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Beachbody (Customer Service) SUCKS

I figure since I had a kickass workout day, and my excitement for Insanity has severely dwindled (directly related to the fact that I still have not recieved it and I ordered it on January 14th) and I feel I'd rather spend my lifetime coming up with an even better set of workouts than use theirs, now is the time to finally share why I think Beachbody is a shitty company.

Yes we all know it's $120 for the program and an absurd $25 for shipping (seriously, what?)  But people are loving this workout and P90X and some of the others.  Obviously, they are pretty good.  And people in the world of fitness have to make money too.  Shaun T has to make a living too.  I get it.  Which is why I decided to just suck it up and pay it up because I can afford it (not like my smart friend Shannon who got it from someone for $50 on Craigslist...but I digress)

The day I was trying to order it, I was having some issues logging into my account.  I just recently bought P90X as a gift for someone so I had an account.  So I decided to call and order.  First of all, the guy could not grasp that I was trying to just order it from their normal website.  There is also a Team Beachbody site with coaches and other support-type stuff that you can use.  I kept telling him no....just the Beachbody site with all of the products on it....Then instead of focusing on fixing my account login issue, he jumps to placing the order over the phone.  Fine, whatever.  I give him the shipping address and he notices it's a military base and asks me some weird questions about not paying taxes.  No dude, I still pay taxes on consumer products.  We get past that, and then he says "Well I'm not sure if there is a military discount or not, let me check."  Ok, I hope you are new.  He checks, and "unfortunately there is not." Ok, whatever.  But he offers to give me $10 shipping.  That's nice of him.  Cool.

Sorry, I know my annoyance is probably already pouring through this post.

Then all of the sudden he says my order has been placed, and I never gave him credit card info.  So I ask....he says oh yes I'm getting to that.  I guess my card was still on file so I verified that it was the same card I wanted to use.  I guess all is good right?  And I also was able to somehow miraculously get into my account while on the phone.  Weird, maybe that part was my fault.

A couple days letter the email arrives saying it has been shipped.....to KANSAS.  W.T.F.  I seriously read him our local address here like 3 times.  And no, mail forwarding is not set up for FedEx, which is why I was sure to give him the shipping address here.  I was furious.  Well, this is what follows, if you care to know how crappy their customer service is (wherever I had listed our addresses I removed the complete address so it's not posted on world-wide web :) :

 Discussion Thread
 Chat Transcript01/23/2013 08:00 AM
[07:18:04 AM] Thank you for contacting Beachbody, my name is Mark Allen. If at any time you feel you're not receiving excellent service or feel unsatisfied with what I am doing, please let me know immediately and I will do all within my power to accomplish your request. How may I help you?
[07:19:56 AM] Breanne Clark: On January 14th, I ordered Insanity over the phone because I was having problems logging into my Beachbody account at the time. My billing address and shipping address are currently different because I am living in a temporary location for about 7 months. I never got an email confirmation (which I got last time I ordered a product). Yesterday I was able to pull up the tracking/shipping info, and it was shipped to my billing address. I gave my shipping address 2 or 3 times on the phone.
[07:20:51 AM] Mark Allen: Breanne, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
[07:21:16 AM] Mark Allen: I understand that the package was shipped to wrong address, may I know if you can able to receive the package. 
[07:21:57 AM] Mark Allen: And, please help me with your billing name and billing address with zip code to locate your account and help you in receiving the package. 
[07:22:31 AM] Breanne Clark: Breanne A Clark
[07:22:35 AM] Breanne Clark:
[07:22:39 AM] Breanne Clark: KS
[07:22:44 AM] Breanne Clark: that is the billing address
[07:24:14 AM] Mark Allen: Thank you. I see that the package was shipped out to the following address :
[07:24:14 AM] Breanne Clark: I guess I will have to have someone grab it off my porch and pay to ship it to me
[07:24:54 AM] Mark Allen:  KS
[07:25:54 AM] Mark Allen: I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please help me with your complete shipping address so that I can reship the package at no cost to you.
[07:27:14 AM] Breanne Clark: the shipping address is:
[07:27:21 AM] Breanne Clark: Fairchild AFB, WA 99011
[07:27:32 AM] Breanne Clark: It is not a P.O. Box, it is a general delivery box
[07:28:09 AM] Breanne Clark: I checked with Fed Ex and they said they deliver to general delivery addresses, but if it was entered as a P.O. Box when I gave it over the phone that may have caused problems
[07:28:10 AM] Breanne Clark: I don't know
[07:30:17 AM] Breanne Clark: is that address in my account anywhere?
[07:30:58 AM] Mark Allen: Yes, we have your shipping address in our database.
[07:31:01 AM] Breanne Clark: It was just really frustrating to see that it went to the wrong place after I spoke with the gentleman on the phone for so long
[07:33:07 AM] Mark Allen: Breanne, I understand your frustration at this point of time and I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you regarding the delivery and we will make sure that will not occur in future. I have gone ahead and requested my finance team to processed a full refund $9.95 on the shipping and handling charge for the inconvenience.
[07:34:11 AM] Mark Allen: And, using the refund amount you can have the package shipped to your destination. May I know if this works fine with you ? 
[07:35:47 AM] Breanne Clark: to be quite honest, I'm not trying to be difficult, but I will have to ask someone else to go to my house, go to the post office to ship it and then send them the money, so it doesn't help too much
[07:37:13 AM] Mark Allen: I understand, I can reship a new shipment to your shipping address even though you have to return the shipment back to us which is delivering to your billing address.
[07:37:54 AM] Mark Allen: Please let know if you want me to reship the package or just process the refund so that you can have the package shipped to your destination ? 
[07:39:12 AM] Breanne Clark: I'll just have them ship it to me, since they will have to ship that one back for me anyway if you send a new one
[07:39:55 AM] Mark Allen: You are correct, just to confirm shall I go ahead and process the refund for you ? 
[07:40:31 AM] Breanne Clark: Yes
[07:42:12 AM] Mark Allen: Okay, I have requested my finance team to process the $9.95 refund back to your account.
[07:42:24 AM] Breanne Clark: Ok
[07:42:30 AM] Mark Allen: The refund will be processed within 24 business hours It may take your financial institution up to 72 additional business hours to post it to your account.
[07:42:43 AM] Mark Allen: Is there anything else that I can assist you with today ?
[07:43:24 AM] Breanne Clark: No, that's it.
[07:43:31 AM] Mark Allen: You are welcome. Are you satisfied with the customer service you have received today ?
[07:44:00 AM] Breanne Clark: No, not really
[07:44:05 AM] Breanne Clark: but that's fine
[07:44:22 AM] Mark Allen: Breanne, I'm sorry to know that. 
[07:44:57 AM] Mark Allen: May I know how you want this to be solved ?
[07:47:03 AM] Mark Allen: Breanne, are you there with me ? 
[07:47:23 AM] Breanne Clark: I understand mistakes happen, but nothing about ordering (and now recieving) this product was easy. I would feel obligated to tell others about this experience. And $10 just doesn't seem like much for the inconvenience to myself and whoever I ask to fix the problem (not Beachbody)
[07:47:55 AM] Breanne Clark: I am not trying to get some huge discount, but the fact is that it wasn't my mistake, and I feel like there has been a lot of wasted time in this process
[07:50:01 AM] Mark Allen: Breanne, I agree with you and I apologize on behalf of Beachbody. Also, I would like to offer a free shipping for your next purchase as a compensation. May I know if this works fine with you ?
[07:51:38 AM] Breanne Clark: I ordered P90X for my brother last month, I honestly don't plan on buying anything anytime soon.
[07:54:09 AM] Breanne Clark: I don't want to waste anymore time, thank you for processing the refund. have a nice day
[07:56:08 AM] Mark Allen: Breanne, I will process $10.00 S&H refund from the P90X order as you do not have any plan to purchase and I know that this will be rectify the mistake but I hope this will be best compensation also I hope you will be satisfied with this resolution ? 
[07:57:46 AM] Breanne Clark: the shipping was $19.95 for the P90X
[07:58:00 AM] Breanne Clark: but yes, that would definitely be more reasonable to me
[07:58:43 AM] Mark Allen: I'm glad to know about that and the refund will be processed within 24 business hours It may take your financial institution up to 72 additional business hours to post it to your account. Is there anything else that I can assist you with today ?
[07:59:17 AM] Breanne Clark: no that is all
[07:59:25 AM] Mark Allen: Okay and lastly before you go. May I ask if you found my service to be satisfactory today?
[08:00:14 AM] Breanne Clark: yes, I appreciate the help.
[12:00:00 AM] Mark Allen: I'm glad to know that you are satisfied with my resolution and thank you for chatting. Good luck with your fitness goals! And don't forget to visit us at http://www.beachbody.com

Ok if you read until this point, I'll try to wrap up my feelings on this real quick.

1) Don't put the legitimately pissed customer into a position where he/she feels like the jerk for basically saying what you are offering does not make them feel better about the situation.  Sorry, but it doesn't
2) If you are going to charge as much as you do for your products, don't outsource so you can pay nothing....hire Americans and give me someone who can speak proper English and write proper English.  What the hell are you doing with all that money?  Yeah, most companies outsource these days.  Well in cases like this, they should pay for it.  I want as many people to know about how much they don't care as possible
3) I of all people don't like the phone too much, but as a customer I do.  Whe does this company make it easier to use this chat option than to reach someone by phone? Because they can pull this shit? Because they can't speak English?
4) If I NEVER SAY 'THANK YOU,' DON'T SAY 'YOU'RE WELCOME' !!!

By this point, I don't really care how awesome your product is.  I don't want to give you my money.  Hope you are proud of your business model, Beachbody.

*Still waiting for product*
*Never got refund for P90X*

I wanted to get a jumpstart on this prior to tri training beginning and that obviously didn't happen.  I just dont care about it anymore.

And finally, I did have 2 awesome workouts today, courtesy of my buddy Nik and his awesome tri training workout plan! :)

1 comment:

  1. Breanne Clark,

    Ill keep this short and simple...I completely agree with you. Team beach body customer service is the absolute worst! I will never order anything from them again. The customer service reps are so dumb and unhelpful. Its almost as if they're reading from a manual while responding to you. Whether on the phone or using their web chat, both options are worthless and get you nowhere. Ill just either burn the programs from one of my friends or buy them off the street at a discounted price.

    Thanks,
    Adam

    ReplyDelete