Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fitness is kind of a big deal

Dave has been in class for 12+ hours every day since he has been in Weapons School.  They also go in on weekends, to avoid it being longer.  He is not happy about not working out enough.  So I was thinking....I could tell him I'm not feeding him dinner unless he stops at the gym on his way home? Is that cruel, or effective? Or both? Would he just go to Burger King instead?  It's worth experimenting :)  This is me....embracing the AF Wifeness.

But seriously....why is it that physical fitness is so important in the military, but in the end, they could care less if you get the time to do it or not? I totally understand that this school is intense and competitive and badass(?), but all the more reason to stay sharp.  Your brain just works better when you workout (I know, very scientific.  Well, it does).  Oh yeah, you're healthier.  I will force Dave to do it and support him (the fitness nut in me), but honestly after him being in class for 14 hours....WTH? (the wife in me).

When I was in, I always found the time to workout....sort of.  Overall.  There were weeks it didn't happen because work dictated it and I couldn't find any more energy.  And a lot of times when I did, it wasn't as long as it needs to be or that great of a workout.  ANYWAY.  I guess we're at war, everything is critical, even class............ *sarcasm bursts out of me*

BTW, it's 20:27 and he still isn't home.  I'm eating raw veggies and drinking wine to hold me over.  Seems legit.

Today was pretty good for a Monday.  An hour and a half at the dog park really does the trick.  Dogs have been passed out all day, pretty much.  They weren't exactly passed out when I ate the huge Chicago-style dog in front of them in the car right after the park, but they left me alone.

I made a "friend" today at the suites we stayed at the first week we were here.  I went to check for leftover mail, and talked to the owner for 20 minutes about fitness, health food, travel, skiing, Sorel boots, babies, families.  She gave me her card and her blog site.  I said I'll be back to chat.  She said she'll continue to hold my mail.  Love nice people.

I enjoy never really wearing anything besides my Michigan sweats, my Sorels, my fluffy Columbia jacket and my Under Armour cap.  And the looks I get.  I realized today....I've been wearing that outfit like....everyday.  This.  THIS.  Is the life of an AF wife.

*I still find it difficult to eat raw veggies without at least light ranch.
*I can't stop listening to Lego House by Ed Sheeran
*I want to run across the Sahara Desert after watching "Running the Sahara"

TRI TRAINING STARTED TODAY.  Long course triathlon June 23 in Williamsburg.  Pumped.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment