Thursday, February 21, 2013

Get upset, pout, slap myself, be grateful, repeat.

So when I catch myself getting down (and this happens often recently) I try to kick myself or slap myself and remind myself of why I am FORTUNATE and why my life is GOOD and, most importantly, that my decisions are what got me to this point of "unhappiness" I feel sometimes.  This pretty much all stems from me being unemployed and feeling lost....but, oh well for now.  I know there are plenty of people who want to punch me because I get to do what I'm doing.

I knew Dave's school would be demanding, but it's super crazy.  It kind of feels like a slap in the face when you think your expectations are pretty low, but then you are faced with the reality that they are still too high.  That is the best way I know how to describe my lows lately.    

A couple weekends ago (rewind to Feb 8), we planned on getting up really early on Saturday and going snowshoeing a few hours west with our friend Rosa.  Well, all of the sudden Dave never shows up on Friday.....and I'm thinking, there is no way in hell he will be able to get up early on Saturday. I didn't know why he was stuck there so late.  But I made the call that we should go Sunday (even though his Sundays aren't free) and that would give us more time.  I was just really disappointed because that was after a long week of him getting home at like 10 or 11.  Saturday is the gem, and we were going to get to see each other for more than 30 min! Not.  We're so used to always being apart, TDYs, deployments, blah blah blah.  But it's funny, when you set your heart on something, or "plan" for something, it sucks bad when it falls apart.

Also, to counter that negative energy...........I'm not in Kansas anymore, I still get to see him a few minutes each day, and I'm getting to have a lot of fun in a beautiful place.  It's easy to shut myself up.  And, I feel bad that he is getting his ass kicked and I'm....having fun.  I know he is giving it all he's got, so I really do just try to have meals on the table and do the laundry and other things that he doesn't have time to do.    

Saturday, I went to Rock of Ages with a couple friends.  Hilarious!  Dave went to the hockey game with a dude.




 Sunday, Rosa and I went showshoeing with Tyson and Ellie.  Awesome!







T-Pain's Boots


Ellie scared and hanging by us after getting the bejesus scared out of her when some skiiers and snowmobilers came flying down the hill :)  Her adventurous spirit was killed for a bit after that.

We stopped in Leavenworth, WA...right by the mountain...after for a delish Brat and hot, German, red wine stuff at Munchen Haus.  Yum.  Going back this weekend with Dave.




So what am I complaining about? I have no idea.

Also >insert self-indulgent purchases here< ....I bought a couple things for myself that next week that I absolutely LOVE.  Dave and I are not huge on Valentine's Day and don't really do gifts but I will apparently use it as an excuse to love & buy myself stuff?? Haha.  I pretty much have running shoes, and Sorels to romp around in serious snow.  But nothing when we go out to eat or casual wear....so I justified the purchase of these awesome boots.  Fell in love with the rings when I saw them on a friend's jewelry trunk show.  It helped her too :)  So yeah, the fact that I can buy myself fancy Keen boots and rings -----> Fortunate


I also got the idea in my head to make Valentine's cookies like 2 weeks before V-day and remained super excited about it.  *projects and recipes you find when you don't have anything else to do*  I enjoyed it though.  Gave some to friends, Dave's class and housekeeping :)





And as long as we're on V-day, Ellie also graduated her Obedience 1 class on V-day! Love you Ellie!  Good girl.  Fortunate to have such cute buddies to keep me company. At all times :)


Ok, I did want to show my loves that I loved them.  I purchased Dave some good Glenlivet that he wouldn't buy himself and the dogs a huge, gross bone.  I made him a heart-shaped pizza, and I want to make homemade pizza all the time now.



V-Day 2013
Rewind 7 years

Ok my birthday last Friday.....Dave's schedule got "revised" and he was gone all day and night and got home at 3 am Saturday, we had to cancel our Seattle plans...the story goes on....:) I went skiing on my b-day with Rosa.  The next day we went on a little family hike and out to dinner at an awesome restaurant.  I was pouting a little inside about my b-day, but I still can't really complain.  So I stopped.  I just miss him being around and enjoying things with him, bottom line.  This weekend we're taking the day trip again and going showshoeing in the mountains with the dogs and their buddy Tyson and back to the Bavarian town to warm up with some German goodness.  

Get upset, pout, slap myself, be grateful, repeat. 

I was super disappointed that Nashville was not on last night, but I'm really excited about Grey's tonight and CAN'T WAIT for Revenge on Sunday.  Or is it even on because of the Oscars?? Oh no! #firstworldproblems #abcyouownmylife

Currently listening to: Fleetwood Mac, duh

3 comments:

  1. I love your rings and your blog. Revenge wont be on this weekend, sorry bean : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. that snow shoeing looks amazing and SO beautiful...hopefully you and Dave can experience it together sometime soon! Love the home made pizza :) we make those all the time...super easy and SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy. The plan is this Saturday but I try not to let my hopes get too high until we're on the road :)

    ReplyDelete