Friday, February 22, 2013

Ellie's bathtub drama

Two posts in a day, I know.  Normally I try to cram 3 weeks into a post.  Which isn't that fun.

Warning: getting personal ahead

Back home in Kansas, we do not have a door to our bathroom area, just the "toilet room." So I usually just leave the bedroom door open when I take baths (yes I take baths).  It's a jacuzzi tub and pretty deep, so even though Ellie always comes in and is really curious (water, duh....I just like to splash her), she doesn't really bother me.  Well the last few days I have been pretty sore and took a bath today which usually makes me feel better.  Not so fancy, the tub here.  Well Ellie kept coming in (yeah should have shut the door).  Even though it was hot water, she tried to take a few sips.  I really just find her curiosity funny and how her head tilts every time there is water movement.  But I keep telling her to go lay down, and she does, and then comes back in a couple minutes later.  Well, not sure if she took in a few too many soap fumes, but all of the sudden, she is gone, and Teddy is in the bathroom looking at me all concerned.  Then I hear the convulsing noises.  I kind of laugh.  Great.  Now I have lean around to see out the door that Ellie is about to puke, looking at me with very sad eyes.

What do you do in that moment?! Haha. What consitutes hopping out of the tub and running to the door to let her out? Not this, I decided.  This is not a fire.  But I cut my bath short and get out.....she is no where in sight.  Then she comes running back down the hall, licking her chops.  Pretty sure she threw up somewhere in the house, and then ate it.  I have not found any evidence.

Can't even take a bath around here.

Is this similar to the stuff Moms laugh about? It seems like it, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment